The role of minerals relieving post-exercise muscle aches and stiffness
Muscle aces and stiffness are common occurrences after exercising. Minerals may be able to provide a solution to this uncomfortable problem. Minerals are essential for optimal health and healing; a deficiency of them can sometimes lead to chronic health issues, including arthritis and osteoporosis. Finding the right minerals is the first step in helping to relieve muscle and joint pain. Here is a quick look at which minerals can help charge you up and get you ready for your next exercise routine.
- Boron – This trace mineral helps to build muscle, aids in the prevention of osteoporosis, and helps to keep the immune system in balance.
- Calcium – Calcium helps to maintain and strengthen bones, and prevents osteoporosis. A deficiency in calcium can cause arm and leg numbness and muscle pain.
- Copper – This mineral supports the healing processes of the body and is vital in sustaining healthy nerves and joints. Copper is also an effective mineral in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is one of the most important minerals, as it is related to almost all of the body’s crucial functions, including muscle and nerve functions. This mineral has been proven to help prevent blood clots and treat osteoporosis and muscle weakness.
- Manganese – Manganese is necessary for the formation of cartilage and bone growth. It is central in supporting the nervous and immune system. It is also extremely useful in treating inflammation.
- Selenium – Selenium improves cognitive functioning, promotes healing and muscle tissue damage, and can treat rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sulfur – Sulfur is needed in healthy formation of body tissue. A lack of this mineral can lead to a deteriorating of ligaments, cartilage, and tendons.
- Zinc – This powerful antioxidant is essential for proper immune functioning tissue healing. A lack of zinc can cause serious fatigue and impede the healing process.
For a combination of minerals, SierraSil®– a pure natural mineral complex– has been shown to promote good health, including joint and muscle support. Read these testimonials to see what many are saying on how SierraSil® has helped them.
Adding the proper balance of minerals and mineral supplements to your diet can help relieve post-workout muscle soreness and joint aches and will help you get the most out of your exercise routine. Don’t let post-exercise aches keep you from getting to your next workout–and remember to drink plenty of water!
Ali, E., et al. (2000). The all-in-one guide to natural remedies and supplements. Niagara Falls, New York: Ages Publications.