Feel good about bringing a batch of these holiday cookies to your next social event or workplace. The spices and dark chocolate chips make the perfect combination for a delicious treat. The optional addition of cayenne pepper gives it that extra zing that leaves your company wondering what the secret ingredient is!
1¼ cup oats
1¼ cup whole wheat flour (or almond flour)
¾ cup coconut flakes
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger (fresh grated)
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
½ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (preferably organic)
1 tsp vanilla (preferably organic)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup honey
1. Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips)
2. Combine liquid ingredients
3. Mix dry and liquid ingredients together.
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Place 1-inch scoops of cookie dough on un-greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly browned.
8. Cool and enjoy!